Advanced Computer Network
Advanced Network Security
Advanced Network and Information Security
Advanced Data Mining
Advanced Visual Information Retrieval
Advanced Research Methodology
Seek out an advisor & submit tentative proposal with application
- Enroll in four courses
- Exploring research potential
- Reviewing research literature
- Qualification examination
- Confirming research topic
- Proposal examination
- Continuing literature review
- Conducting research
Third year onward
- Continuing research
- Research publication
- Writing thesis
- Defense examination
Ontology & Semantic Reasoning
Management Information Systems
IS Analysis and Design
Enterprise Application Development
Topics in Research Methodologies in MIS
Enterprise Information Infrastructure Planning & Security
Data Science for MIS
Advanced Research Methodology in MIS
Information and Data Science
Advanced Research Methodology
Advanced Visual Information Retrieval
Algorithm for Information and Data Science
Academic Skill for Information and Data Science
Research Trend in Information and Data Science
Seminar in Advanced Information and Data Science
Doctor of Philosophy Program in Management Information Systems (Ph.D. in MIS) at Faculty of Information Technology, KMUTNB, is a three-year program designed for students who would like to gain advanced knowledge in Managment Information Systems that focuses to contribute both management models and information systems supporting the managment task. The program needs 48 credits: 12 credits for regular coursework and 36 credits for dissertation. The students enroll 12 credits for coursework (4 classes) in the first and second semesters and must receive at least 3.0 GPA. Then qualifying examination can be taken in the third semester, must be within two years of the program. The students who passed qualified exam then can propose a dissertation topic. Then at least 182 days or before final defense at least 30 days, students can take progressive examination. The final defense can be conducted after approval of dissertation topic at least 365 days. The programs required students to publish their research work in an international journal indexed by ISI Thomson Reuters or at least Scopus to complete the degree. Students must also submit papers and participate in international conferences indexed in Scopus database.
Some highlight of coursework are the subjects as follows:
- Theory in MIS
- IS Analysis and Design
- Enterprise Application Development
- Enterprise Information Infrastructure Planning & Security
- Data Science for MIS
- Independent Study
- Advanced Research Methodology in MIS
- Topics in Research Methodologies in MIS
DOUBLE DEGREE PROGRAM
Faculty of Information Technology, KMUTNB, and Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Fern University in Hagen, Germany, have signed an MoU for academic cooperation and have continually collaborated in the area of computer science and modern information technologies. One of the collaborative project is a double degree or bi-national program in which students who enroll full time at the Faculty of Information Technology, KMUTNB, can also defense their thesis for an additional degree from Fern University in Hagen, under supervision of professors from both universities. For more information, please follow this link Bi-National Ph.D.
ADVISERS & RESEARCH AREAS
1. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Phayung Meesad: Data Mining, Computational Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Big Data Analysis, Signal Processing, Business Intelligence.
2. Assoc.Prof.Dr. Pongpisit Wuttidittachotti: Web Programming, Mobile & Wireless, Data Network, Database Security.
3. Asst.Prof.Dr. Nattavee Uttakrit: Knowledge Management, Information Security Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and other topics related in IT and MIS.
4. Asst.Prof.Dr. Thippaya Chintakovid: Human Computer Interaction, Knowledge Sharing, Factor Analysis, Web Technology.
5. Asst.Prof.Dr. Maleerat Sodanil : Image Processing, knowledge transfer, Ontology, Semantic, Tex Mining, Time Series Analysis.
6. Asst.Prof.Dr. Montean Rattanasiriwongwut : Factor Analysis, Knowledge Management, Ontology, Applied Information Systems, Computer Education.
7. Asst.Prof.Dr. Sakchai Tangwannawit: Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Business Information Systems, Applied Information Systems, Computer Education.
8. Asst.Prof.Dr. Nalinpat Porrawatpreyakorn: Software Development, Software Requirements Analysis, Software Engineering, Knowledge Transfer.
9. Asst.Prof.Dr. Nawaporn Wisitpongphan: Computer Network, Wireless Sensor Network, Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks, Smart Automotive, Routing Protocol, Social Network Analysis.
10. Asst.Prof.Dr. Sunantha Sodsee: P2P Network, Evolutionary Computation, Data Mining, Search Engine Optimization, Recommender System, Information Security.
11. Asst.Prof.Dr. Pudsadee Boonrawd: Data Mining, Text Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Neural Network, Ontology, Semantic Web.
12. Asst.Prof.Dr. Mahasak Ketcham: Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Artificial Intelligence.
13. Dr. Sucha Smanchat: Parallel Computing, Distributed Computing, Algorithms, Cloud Computing, Big Data Analysitcs.
14. Dr. Tanapon Jensuttiwetchakul: Factor Analysis, Business Information Systems, Strategic Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Financial Management
15. Dr. Kanchna Viriyapant: Genetic Algorithm, Scheduling Optimization, Information Retrieval, Internet of Things.
16. Dr. Siranee Nuchitprasitchai: Data Analytics & Data Science, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Embedded Systems, Internet of Things.
17. Dr. Watchareewan Jitsakul: Data Netwok, Data Science, Data Mining, Information Suport System, Text Mining, Management Information Systems.
18. Dr. Pongsarun Boonyopakorn: Data Network, Optimization, Network Security, Wireless Network, Cloud Computing.
1. Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Herwig Unger: Web-based systems and applications, Internet algorithms and technologies, Adaption and self-organisation in complex systems, P2P systems as well as context- and location-sensitive applications.
2. Dr.-Ing. Mario Kubek: Natural Language Processing, Self Organizing Systems, Mobile & Adhoc Networks, Text Mining.
|Academic Programs||Types||Credit Hours||Class Sessions||Tuition fees/Semester||Apply|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Information and Data Science||International program||48 Credits: Course work + Dissertation||Evening Classes (18:00 – 21:00)||75000 Baht (6 semesters)||Apply Now|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in IT||Thai program||48 Credits: Course work + Dissertation||Day Classes (9.00-12.00 & 13.00-16.00)||45000 Baht (6 semesters)||Apply Now|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in IT||Thai program||48 Credits: Course work + Dissertation||Weekend Classes (9.00-12.00 & 13.00-16.00)||100000 Baht (6 semesters)||Apply Now|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in MIS||Thai program||48 Credits: Course work + Dissertation||Day Classes (9.00-12.00 & 13.00-16.00)||45000 Baht (6 semesters)||Apply Now|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in MIS||Thai program||48 Credits: Course work + Dissertation||Weekend Classes (9.00-12.00 & 13.00-16.00)||100000 Baht (6 semesters)||Apply Now|