Advanced Computer Network
Advanced Network Security
Advanced Network and Information Security
Advanced Data Mining
Advanced Visual Information Retrieval
Advanced Research Methodology
Seek out an advisor & submit tentative proposal with application
- Enroll in four courses
- Exploring research potential
- Reviewing research literature
- Qualification examination
- Confirming research topic
- Proposal examination
- Continuing literature review
- Conducting research
Third year onward
- Continuing research
- Research publication
- Writing thesis
- Defense examination
Ontology & Semantic Reasoning
Management Information Systems
IS Analysis and Design
Enterprise Application Development
Topics in Research Methodologies in MIS
Enterprise Information Infrastructure Planning & Security
Data Science for MIS
Advanced Research Methodology in MIS
Information and Data Science
Advanced Research Methodology
Advanced Visual Information Retrieval
Algorithm for Information and Data Science
Academic Skill for Information and Data Science
Research Trend in Information and Data Science
Seminar in Advanced Information and Data Science
The Ph.D. Program in Information and Data Science (International Program) offers advanced courses and focuses on researches in data science area. The program offers core technical courses such as algorithm for information and data science, visual information retrieval, data analytics, and information usability, and research support courses, such as innovative thinking and research trend in information and data science. This program is designed for those who have passion for knowledge discovery and making contribution to academic and science community. Job opportunities for the graduates are researchers in the field of information and data science, university lecturers, consultants, and other professions requiring advanced knowledge and skills for the analysis and management of data and information.
The program covers three years of study, comprising two mandatory courses and two selective courses to be enrolled in the first year. From the second year onward, students will progress through their doctoral research. The Qualifying Examination is to be taken in the second year prior to the research proposal examination. In due course, the students will take progress examination to update their research with the faculty and to receive feedback. At the end, the students will present their final research in the defense examination.
Some highlight of coursework are the subjects as follows:
Advanced research methodology
Algorithm for information and data science
Advanced visual information retrieval
Advanced data analytics
Academic skill for information and data science
Research trend in information and data science
Innovative thinking in information and data science
Semester 1 starts in August and Semester 2 starts in January.
For Thai students, the admission is administered by the Graduate College.
Please follow this link for more details (http://www.it.kmutnb.ac.th/?page_id=5232)
Or apply now at Graduate College website ( http://grad.admission.kmutnb.ac.th/Apply/ApplyLogin.aspx )
For overseas students, the faculty will handle your application.
Please follow this link for more details (http://www.it.kmutnb.ac.th/?page_id=5284)
To apply, please follow this link (http://www.it.kmutnb.ac.th/?page_id=5302)
DOUBLE DEGREE PROGRAM
Faculty of Information Technology, KMUTNB, and Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Fern University in Hagen, Germany, have signed an MoU for academic cooperation and have continually collaborated in the area of computer science and modern information technologies. One of the collaborative project is a double degree or bi-national program in which students who enroll full time at the Faculty of Information Technology, KMUTNB, can also defense their thesis for an additional degree from Fern University in Hagen, under supervision of professors from both universities. For more information, please follow this link: Bi-National Ph.D.
ADVISERS & RESEARCH AREAS
1. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Phayung Meesad: Data Mining, Computational Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Big Data Analysis, Signal Processing, Business Intelligence.
2. Assoc.Prof.Dr. Pongpisit Wuttidittachotti: Web Programming, Mobile & Wireless, Data Network, Database Security.
3. Asst.Prof.Dr. Nattavee Uttakrit: Knowledge Management, Information Security Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and other topics related in IT and MIS.
4. Asst.Prof.Dr. Maleerat Sodanil : Image Processing, knowledge transfer, Ontology, Semantic, Tex Mining, Time Series Analysis.
5. Asst.Prof.Dr. Montean Rattanasiriwongwut : Factor Analysis, Knowledge Management, Ontology, Applied Information Systems, Computer Education.
6. Asst.Prof.Dr. Sakchai Tangwannawit: Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Business Information Systems, Applied Information Systems, Computer Education.
7. Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nalinpat Porrawatpreyakorn: Software Development, Software Requirements Analysis, Software Engineering, Knowledge Transfer.
8. Asst.Prof.Dr. Nawaporn Wisitpongphan: Computer Network, Wireless Sensor Network, Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks, Smart Automotive, Routing Protocol, Social Network Analysis.
9. Asst.Prof.Dr. Sunantha Sodsee: P2P Network, Evolutionary Computation, Data Mining, Search Engine Optimization, Recommender System, Information Security.
10. Asst.Prof.Dr. Pudsadee Boonrawd: Data Mining, Text Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Neural Network, Ontology, Semantic Web.
11. Asst.Prof.Dr. Mahasak Ketcham: Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Artificial Intelligence.
12. Dr. Sucha Smanchat: Parallel Computing, Distributed Computing, Algorithms, Cloud Computing, Big Data Analysitcs.
13. Dr. Tanapon Jensuttiwetchakul: Factor Analysis, Business Information Systems, Strategic Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Financial Management
14. Dr. Kanchna Viriyapant: Genetic Algorithm, Scheduling Optimization, Information Retrieval, Internet of Things.
15. Dr. Siranee Nuchitprasitchai: Data Analytics & Data Science, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Embedded Systems, Internet of Things.
16. Dr. Watchareewan Jitsakul: Data Netwok, Data Science, Data Mining, Information Suport System, Text Mining, Management Information Systems.
17. Dr. Pongsarun Boonyopakorn: Data Network, Optimization, Network Security, Wireless Network, Cloud Computing.
1. Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Herwig Unger: Web-based systems and applications, Internet algorithms and technologies, Adaption and self-organisation in complex systems, P2P systems as well as context- and location-sensitive applications.
2. Dr.-Ing. habil.Mario Kubek: Natural Language Processing, Self Organizing Systems, Mobile & Adhoc Networks, Text Mining.
|Academic Programs||Types||Credit Hours||Class Sessions||Tuition fees/Semester||Apply|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Information and Data Science||International program||48 Credits: Course work + Dissertation||Evening Classes (18:00 – 21:00)||75000 Baht (6 semesters)||Apply Now|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in IT||Thai program||48 Credits: Course work + Dissertation||Day Classes (9.00-12.00 & 13.00-16.00)||45000 Baht (6 semesters)||Apply Now|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in IT||Thai program||48 Credits: Course work + Dissertation||Weekend Classes (9.00-12.00 & 13.00-16.00)||100000 Baht (6 semesters)||Apply Now|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in MIS||Thai program||48 Credits: Course work + Dissertation||Day Classes (9.00-12.00 & 13.00-16.00)||45000 Baht (6 semesters)||Apply Now|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in MIS||Thai program||48 Credits: Course work + Dissertation||Weekend Classes (9.00-12.00 & 13.00-16.00)||100000 Baht (6 semesters)||Apply Now|