- 2002 – 2006: Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science, University of Bath, UK
- 1999 – 2002: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, University of Bath, UK
Current Projects by My Ph.D. and Master Students:
At the moment, I am a supervisor of 8 Ph.D. and Master students who are working on the following projects.
- Virtual Machine Hopping Attack Prevention in Cloud Computing (Ph.D.)
- Risk Analysis of IT Usage Behaviours in an Organisation (Ph.D.)
- Self-Defending in Depth Detection of Router Spoofing in IPv6 Neighbour Discovery Protocol (Ph.D.)
- DDoS Detection and Response by Bandwidth Reservation (Ph.D.)
- Pulse Jamming Response Process for 802.11 Wireless Network (Ph.D.)
- Understanding Processes in Complex Social Network Systems (Ph.D.)
- Analysing and Defending against Sybil Attacks on Social Networks (Ph.D.)
- Biometric Authentication using Heartbeat Signal (Master)
Possible Research Projects:
Students who are looking for a research project can consider the followings.
- A Password Generating Application: A big problem today is the fact that people tend to generate easy-to-guess passwords. This project aims at designing and developing a password generator, which use clues or questions to generate passwords that are easy to remember for users, but hard to guess by attackers.
- Two-Factor Authentication: Two-factor authentication has been accepted as a stronger form of authentication. It will be interesting to find a new second factor of authentication, such as signals or noises from our smartphone.
- A Password Manager Application: Today’s password manager applications are used to store users’ passwords in one place. The reason is that some users have too many passwords to remember. The problem with the existing password manager applications is that they also require users to remember another password. Is it possible to develop a password manager that does not require the use of password?
- SHA-2 SSL Migration. SHA-1 is now considered insecure and has been retired from US government use. Many browsers will also reject any digital certificates with SHA-1 from 2016. The objective of this project is to produce an easy-to-follow guideline for the migration from SHA-1 to SHA-2 certificates and PKI.
I am willing to supervise students who are interested in pursuing their master project on the above topics. If you are interested, please contact me. We will have a chat about it.
Sirapat Boonkrong. Authentication, Pre-Handoff and Handoff in Pure MANET. Department of Computer Science, University of Bath, UK, 2006. (NRCT’s Thailand National Thesis Award 2010) [See here]
Sirapat Boonkrong. The Art of Protecting Networks and Information. King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok Press, April 2014, ISBN: 978-616-7701-86-8.
Sirapat Boonkrong and Chaowalit Somboonpattanakit. Dynamic Salt Generation and Placement for Secure Password Storing. IAENG Journal of Computer Science, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 27 – 36, 2016. [See here]
Jieling Zhang and Sirapat Boonkrong. Dynamic Salt Generating Scheme using Seeds Warehouse Table Coordinates. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Information Science and Security (ICISS 2015), Seoul, Republic of Korea, 14 – 16 December 2015. [See here]
Sirapat Boonkrong and Dinh Pham Cao. Reducing Battery Consumption of Data Polling and Pushing Techniques on Android using GZip. In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Information Technology and Electrical Engineeing (ICITEE 2015), Chiangmai, Thailand, 29 – 30 October 2015.
Suwimon Vongsingthong, Sirapat Boonkrong, Mario Kubek and Herwig Unger. On Distributions of User Behaviours in Complex Online Social Network. Recent Advances in Information and Communication Technology 2015, pp. 237 – 246, Springer, Bangkok, Thailand, 2 – 3 July 2015. [See here]
Supakit Mahitthiburin and Sirapat Boonkrong. Improving Security with Two-Factor Authentication using Image. KMUTNB Internation Journal of Applied Science and Technology, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 33 – 43, January – March 2015. [See here]
Supachai Kanchanapokin and Sirapat Boonkrong. Exploring Bad Behaviors from Email Logs. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Science and Applications, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Kuinam J. Kim (Ed.), Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 517 – 524, Bangkok, Thailand, February 2015. [See here]
Suwimon Vongsingthong and Sirapat Boonkrong. A Survey on Smartphone Authentication. Walailak Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 12, No. 1, January 2015. [See here]
Phakpoom Santisarun and Sirapat Boonkrong. Social Network Monitoring Application for Parents with Children under Thirteen. In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Knowledge and Smart Technology (KST), IEEE, pp. 75 – 80, Chonburi, Thailand, January 2015. [See here]
Sirapat Boonkrong. A More Secure and Efficient Andrew Secure RPC Protocol. Security and Communication Networks, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., Volume 7, Issue 11, pp. 2063 – 2077, November 2014. [See here]
Sirapat Boonkrong. Multi-Factor Authentication for Internet Banking Login Process. In Proceedings of the 7th Workshop ‘Autonomous System’, Mallorca, Spain, 26th – 30th October 2014.
Kittipong Suwannaraj and Sirapat Boonkrong. Efficiency Improvement of Outbound Call Route Selection on IP-PBX Using KNN with USSD. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Volume 9, Issue 9, pp. 556 – 564, September 2014. [See here]
Wiman Banditvilai and Sirapat Boonkrong. A Comparison of Efficiency of Data Transfer by Using Rsync, Rsync+SSH and Dropbox. International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 3, June 2014. [See here]
Dinh Pham Cao and Sirapat Boonkrong. The Comparison of Impacts to Android Phone Battery between Polling Data and Pushing Data. In Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Networks and Information Technology (ICCNIT 2013), Bangkok, Thailand, 29th – 30th June 2013. [See here]
Kittipong Suwannaraj and Sirapat Boonkrong. Outbound Call Route Selection on IP-PBX Using Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Computing and Information Technology (IC2IT2013), Bangkok, Thailand, 9th – 10th May 2013. [See here]
Sirapat Boonkrong. A Step towards a Solution to Information Privacy Problem on Online Social Networks. GSTF Journal on Computing 01/2013; 2(4):139 – 144. [See here]
Sirapat Boonkrong. Security of Passwords. Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 112 – 117, July – December 2012. [See here]
Sirapat Boonkrong. The Number of Keys Needed for Secure Sharing on Online Social Networks. In Proceedings of the 3rd Annual International Conference on Infocomm Technologies in Competitive Strategies (ICT 2012), Bali, Indonesia, 17th September 2012. (Best Research Paper Award)
Sirapat Boonkrong. Some Remarks on Andrew Secure RPC. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Innovative Internet Community Systems, Bangkok, Thailand, 3rd – 5th June 2010. [See here]
รองศาสตราจารย์ ดร.ศิรปัฐช์ บุญครอง
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Sirapat Boonkrong
Department of Data Communication and Networking
Faculty of Information Technology
King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok